How Many Saved
aymon de albatrus
slave of Christ
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name (Jesus) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Act 4:12)
Scripture says that “all have sinned and deserve spiritual death" i.e. no salvation, all deserve Hell: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Rom 3:23)
Sinning excludes people from salvation, but God has provided a way to salvation, by believing in Christ Jesus as Lord and Saviour and in His sacrifice on the cross: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Rom 6:23) “That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.” (Rom 10:9)
The Bible is exclusive and clearly says that there is no other name (other than Jesus Christ) by which men can be saved, that he is who is not in Christ is not saved: “Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father (God), but by me.” (Joh 14:6) “No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” (Joh 6:44) “Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me has everlasting life.” (Joh 6:47)
If the Bible is true then everyone else, besides the true Christians, is not saved and if not saved then they are doomed to Hell, for there are only two places after death: Paradise or Hell.
Let us look at the numbers, but before a word of caution: These numbers are only indicative as presented in the various publications, the precise numbers are only known to God, to Him alone and not to men.
According to the latest predictions the world population in 2011 would be approximately 7 Billions, or 7,000,000,000 souls, quite a number. If we use this approximate pie percentage of world religions we have:
“Christians” of all types 33% or about 2.3 Billions
Non Christians 67% or about 4.7 Billions
Then if the Bible is true immediately we have 4.7 Billions that are destined, by definition to Hell, for they do not believe in Christ as the Redeemer, at all.
Therefore the 2.3 Billions so called "Christians" are not all true Christians, take the case of UK, only less than 4% of its population goes regularly to church, but many more declare themselves "Christians". Also an aggressive secularism is sweeping Europe, and thus we have about the same percentage there. This is different from the numbers that say they believe in some sort of superior being (even God or even a "Christ" of their own making) to the true number that say they believe in Christ (true Christians) and are practicing openly their belief in Him. (Mat 10:33). Many of these are not what the Bible calls Christians at all and therefore they are not Biblical Christian even though they call themselves "christians", but again only God knows His own.(Joh 10:27)
In America the percentage of those that proclaim Christ is higher, even up to 59% they say, but again not all of these are real Christians.
As a rule of thumb we can guess that only 50% of those under the umbrella of “Christianity” can be considered as such, but then we can say, more realistically, that only 50% of these are really "fair dinkum" Christians, perhaps.
In conclusion we can broadly estimate that only 25% of those under the covering of “Christianity” can be considered as real Christians, that is, about 577 millions.
On a worldly scale this represents only about 8.3% of the world populations that are real Christians and destined to the narrow road to Paradise. “According as He has chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,” (Eph 1:4-5) “I pray concerning them; I do not pray concerning the world, but for those whom You gave to Me, for they are Yours.” (Joh 17:9 LIT)
What a privilege and what a blessed Grace to be a Christian, the Lord be praised, the Saviour of our souls. “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!” (Rom 11:33) AMEN
Twenty Questions to Test if you are in the 577,000 in Christ:
1. Do you FIRMLY believe in the essential points of Christianity, such: One God, Trinity, Jesus is God manifested in the flesh, died on the cross and resurrected the third day, Salvation by faith in Jesus only, the existence of the Devil and of Hell? Mar 12:32; Mat 28:19; 1Ti 3:16; 1Th 4:14; 1Co 15:4; Eph 2:8; Act 4:12; 1Ti 2:5; Mat 25:41; Mat 23:33
2. Are you putting God above everything else in your life? “26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.” (Luk 14:26-27)
3. Are you readily confessing to be a sinner in front of God “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Rom 3:23)
4. Do you admit that sin has caused the separation between God and man? “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isa 59:2)
5. Do you confess that in no way you are acceptable to God except through Christ “But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousness [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” (Isa 64:6)
6. Do you confess that only Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (Joh 14:6)
7. Do you readily admit that the whole canonical Bible is the inerrant Word of God? “All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2Ti 3:16)
8. Are you truly seeking to put into practice the Biblical precepts? “But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luk 6:49)
9. Are you always trying to do God’s will, in any situation? “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Mat 7:21)
10. Are you really trying to go to church regularly, with gladness of heart? “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Heb 10:25)
11. Are you determined not to do any work on Sunday but dedicate the day to God? “But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:” (Exo 20:10)
12. Do you love and obey the Lord with all your being? “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” (Mat 22:37)
13. Are you trying to love your neighbour as yourself? “And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” (Mat 22:39)
14. Are you praying only when something goes wrong in your life? “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Phi 4:6)
15. Do you think sensations are as valid as Scripture to prove Truth? “The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jer 17:9)
16. Do you suspect that maybe reincarnation and even evolution may be true? “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” (Heb 9:27)
17. Do you really believe that whoever rejects Christ will go to Hell with Satan and his demons, for ever? “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Mat 25:46)
18. Do you wish to be with the Lord right now, or you prefer to enjoy life here on earth, build a new home, get a nice car, go in vacation and have lots of fun? “We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” (2Co 5:8)
19. Have you the conviction that God loves you and wants a relation with you? “God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1Co 1:9)
20. Do you sense Jesus inside you calling you and you know you are His? “27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.” (Joh 10:27-28)